All the Battery Defender
Features You’ve Come to Know
Charge like a
and be proactive
is a unique charger that can blast battery-destroying
sulfation off your battery plates to promote longer battery
• US Patent Pending
• De-sulfation of battery: The charger will remove loose
sulfation and increase the battery life. (Hard sulfation
cannot be reversed.)
• Small size and light weight: Portability is a key
feature. The charger can be installed onboard.
• One charger for any type of lead acid battery (no
switch): The Battery Defender Pro charger will charge
any type or brand of lead acid battery fully — gel, sealed,
or dry. The charger will adjust itself as the battery gets
• Short circuit protection: If you touch the output Prove
and -ve wires (with AC ON), there will be no failure (no
fuse will blow).
• Reverse polarity protection: If you connect the
battery in reverse, there will be no failure (no fuse will
blow). The charger will simply not work. When the
problem is corrected, the charger will operate normally.
• No current drain: If the AC is OFF and the charger is
connected to the battery, there will be no drain of
current from the battery.
• Low voltage start: The Battery Defender Pro charger
is the only charger that will start charging from 0.5
volts. This means a very deeply discharged battery can
• Maintain full charge and no overcharging: The
Battery Defender Pro charger can be left connected to
the battery indefinitely without harming (overcharging)
36 SERVO 07.2004
• Super fast connect/release harness: Includes clamp
harness and lug harness with 7. 5 amp fuse. Both
include weather pack connections.
• LED Indicator: Yellow = charging; Green = charged.
• UL, ULc (Canada), T-mark (Japan), TUV, and CE
(electrical EN 60335-1, charger EN 60335-2-29, EMC —
listed above) safety approvals.
• Soneil replacement.
• DC output: 12 volt 3 amps.
• Input: 90-130 volts ~ 1 amp max. 60 Hz.
• One year warranty.
For further information, please contact:
1 Battery Dr.
Winchester, VA 22601
Circle #73 on the Reader Service Card.
CONTROLLERS & PROCESSORS
Smart Dual Channel, 240 Amp
DC Motor Controller with
Optical Encoder Input Targets
Roboteq, Inc., now
offers a micro-computer-based dual
channel DC motor
controller capable of
directly driving up to
120 amps on each
channel at up to 40
volts. The AX2850 is
targeted at designers
of mobile robotic vehicles including Automatic Guided
Vehicles (AGV), Underwater Remote Operated Vehicles
(ROVs), and mobile robots for
exploration, hazardous material handling, and military and
The controller accepts commands from either
standard R/C radio for simple remote controlled robot
applications or serial port interface. Using the serial port,
the AX2850 can be used to design semi or fully
autonomous robots by connecting it to single board