FIGURE 2. Schematic.
diode, and three LDO linear regulators. Refer to the
schematic and Bill of Materials for complete details.
The LRF is controlled through a simple serial
communications interface (ASCII command/responses at
TTL-level). Host baud rate is automatically detected upon
LRF power-up when the user sends a “U” character,
allowing easy interfacing to a variety of microcontrollers
and computers. The auto-detection routines are a slightly
modified version of Raymond “Rayman” Allen’s RS-232
interface for uOLED-96-Prop ( www.rayslogic.com/
Prop/ RS232Driver.htm) and support standard baud
rates from 300 to 115.2K.
• R Single range measurement (returns a four-digit
decimal value in millimeters).
• B Single range measurement (returns a four-byte
binary value in millimeters).
• L Repeated range measurement (any subsequent
byte will stop the loop).
• E Adjust camera for current lighting conditions.
• S Reset camera to initial settings.
• V Print version information.
• H Print list of available commands.
SERVO 11.2011 41