Each cluster has 8 sectors
Number of fat tables 2
Each FAT has 244 sectors
Root has 512 entries or 16384
bytes. 32 sectors
Memory Card Initialized
• STEP 17: In order to attach the
stand-offs, insert a 1/2” machine
screw through a hole in the bottom
base, then attach two nuts to the
screw and finally the 1” stand-off (as
shown back in Figures 8 and 12). This
configuration will make the six-cell
battery holder fit tightly inside the
enclosure. If you use another kind of
battery, you will need to adjust
GPS Dios should
start to display NEMA information to the debug terminal.
• STEP 16: Make the following connections to complete the
• Connect the memory card pin 1 (CS) to the carrier port 13.
• Connect the memory card pin 2 (DI) to the carrier port 10.
• Connect the memory card pin 4 (CLK) to the carrier port 12.
• Connect the memory card pin 6 (DO) to the carrier port 11.
Now insert an SD memory card into the memory card
breakout board and apply power. Then plug the EZRS232
driver into the
Figure 23 carrier and load the
program file called
This is the main
If the memory
card is working
properly, you should
se a message that
• STEP 18: In order to attach the top
base, you will need to line up the
LEDs and buttons to create some holes. There are a couple
of ways to do this. One way is to cut out a piece of tracing
paper that is the same size as the base and place it over
the LEDs, then mark the LED and button positions. Before
drilling the holes, add an extra 1/8” between the two LEDs.
For the LEDs, I drilled 5/32” holes. The button will
depend on what is used. If you use a button that mounts
to the top base, then you can attach wires to the leads and
route them to ports 6 and 7. In this case, the button can be
placed in several locations.
You will also need to drill a hole for the power switch.
The actual diameter will depend on the switch you use.
Attach the base to the stand-offs with four 1/2”
machine screws as shown in Figure 25. You will probably
have to bend the leads on the LEDs in order for them to fit
properly. This is normal, and if you used heat shrink as
insulation, should not present a problem.
Smart Logger Operation
When power is applied to the smart logger, it will test
the memory card for a file called LOGDATA2.txt. If it is not
found, a 20 meg file will be created. This is just a place
holder file and will be truncated as necessary when
Partition starts at
Reserved sectors 7
• Red LED blinks four times and stops — Smart Logger is
ready and in run mode.
• Red and green LEDs alternate a one second blink —
Memory card failure.
• Red LED does nothing — Battery dead.
• Red LED blinks four times then green LED flashes
64 SERVO 11.2008