7. You are now ready to put the guts inside your robot! Start by screwing the
motors into the motor mounts. You will use two 2-56 screws in the front plate.
8. For your next step, tape down the two speed controllers, battery, and
receiver in the positions shown in the photo.
9. Next, slip the lifting arm onto the
servo. Before you tape the servo
down, you will need to determine the
travel of the servo. To do this, plug
the servo lead into the throttle
channel on your receiver. Then, plug
the two speed controllers into the
Elevator and Aileron slots on the
11. Mount the lifting arm so that the
leading edge is flush with your
10. Bind the radio to the receiver and
turn on the robot. The servo will
immediately travel to where you have
left the throttle stick on the radio.
12. Then, put the servo horn screw in,
locking the lifting arm in the desired
13. Screw down your top plate and
mount the foam wheels using
wheel hubs. Put a small dab of glue
on the hubs, then slide them into
the foam wheels. Finally, use the set
screw on the hub and tape it on to
You have now completed a
one pound lifting robot!
SERVO 04.2013 65