SERVO 01.2016 53
PiCy — Raspberry Pi Cyborg
• This is a very affordable small 2WD robot designed
around the RPi Models A and B.
• PiCy starts at approx. $50 plus shipping and handling.
• This is the smallest bot in the roundup; it runs tethered
as pictured. Needs Pi, sensors, and USB power bank.
Raspberry Pi Camera Robot — Chassis Bundle
• This one is based on the popular Dagu 2WD chassis
and includes a Dagu pan/tilt kit and Arduino Mini driver
• Bundles start at approx. $62.
• As usual, you need a Pi, Pi camera, USB power bank,
Ryanteck Budget Robotics Kit for Raspberry Pi
• Simple and affordable.
• Single level 2WD chassis and motor driver board.
• Starts at approx. $33.
• This is the least expensive robot kit in this roundup.
• You will need to add a Pi, USB power bank, and some
• A 6WD chassis with 5A motor controller, that works
with any model RPi that has mounting holes
(rev. 2 A/B, A+/B+/2).
• Starts at approx. $270 plus shipping and handling.
• You’ll need to add a Pi, Pi camera, and sensors to
complete this kit. It does not require a USB power bank.